- Complete your senior contract with your school counselor by Oct. 1st.
- Meet with your school counselor regularly throughout the college and financial aid process.
- Discuss potential UHart and UConn courses with your counselor.
- Take the SAT in October (and/or November if needed).
- Take Subject Tests in the fall if required by your colleges.
- Use NAVIANCE to further develop and organize your college planning.
- Have all college applications submitted by December 1st.
- AS AN EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL, IT ‘S EXPECTED THAT ALL UHSSE SENIORS WILL APPLY TO AT LEAST ONE TWO YEAR AND FOUR FOUR YEAR COLLEGES.
- Be sure to include a financial and academic SAFETY SCHOOL in your college applications.
- Attend the UHSSE Financial Aid Night.
- File the FAFSA in January of your senior year.
- Complete the CSS Profile if required for your colleges.
- Complete local, state and national scholarships by deadlines.
- Use your PowerSchool access to monitor grades.
- Have ongoing communication with your teachers.
- Use the support systems available to you in your school.
- Understand your graduation requirements.
- Be in class as scheduled. Watch your attendance.
- Continue to explore and participate in clubs, activities and sports that are of interest to you.
- Talk to teachers, counselors, parents and friends about college! UHSSE is an early college high school!
- Keep your grades strong. At UHSSE “It’s cool to be smart”.
- Seek extra help from teachers after school as needed.
It is the expectation of UHSSE that students will stay after school for academic support one day a week for EACH CLASS in which a grade is lower than a C.
College Board Action Plan for Seniors
SAT / Subject Test Registration
UHSSE Senior College Planning Checklist
Senior College Planning Checklist.docx