Junior College Planning Night
When: Thursday, December 13, 2012
Where: Commons Area
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Junior Planning Night Presentation 2012.ppt
- Meet with your school counselor each quarter.
- Take the PSAT in October (administered in school).
- Continue to use NAVIANCE as you further develop your college planning.
- Review UHSSE Spring Calendar for Juniors.
- Meet with your counselor for your Junior Review in the spring of your Junior year to review credits, graduation requirements, college planning and senior schedule.
- Discuss potential UHart and UConn courses with your counselor.
- Continue to explore career interests.
- Attend a college fair.
- Begin to develop your resume and college essay (Spring).
- Begin making a list of colleges of interest.
- Begin visiting colleges (Spring)
- Request recommendation letters from teachers (Spring).
- Attend UHSSE’s Junior College Planning Night.
- Take the SAT and/or ACT in the spring of Junior year.
- Discuss taking Subject tests or AP tests with your counselor.
- Use your PowerSchool access to monitor grades.
- Have ongoing communication with your teachers.
- Use the support systems available to you in your school.
- Understand your graduation requirements.
- Be in class as scheduled. Watch your attendance.
- Continue to explore and participate in clubs, activities and sports.
- Talk to teachers, counselors, parents and friends about college! UHSSE is an early college high school!
- Keep your grades strong. At UHSSE, “It’s cool to be smart”.
- Seek extra help from teachers after school as needed.
It is the expectation of UHSSE that students will stay after school for academic support one day a week for EACH CLASS in which a grade is lower than a C.
Spring Calendar for Juniors
UHSSE Spring Calendar for Juniors.docx
CollegeBoard Action Plan for Juniors
My College Quick Start
Junior Study Guide