Science Math Engineering English World Language Social Studies Physical Education Art
- Student learning is the heart of the educational
enterprise. For this reason teaching and learning at University
High School are closely aligned. Curriculum design originates with
specific student learning outcomes and is constructed to meet the
learning goals of all students. The University High School has
established the following fundamental principles for development of
- Every course is designed to encourage students to examine
and analyze content knowledge both in depth and from a variety of
- The development of inquiry and problem-solving skills is
a core component of all courses.
- All courses present concepts, issues, themes, and
problems for diverse ethnic perspectives and point of view and
emphasize global interconnectedness in the development of
- Students’ use of language, both written and oral, to
communicate understandings and analyses comprise an essential
element of all courses.
- All courses integrate interdisciplinary ideas, examples,
and methodological approaches.
- All courses promote high academic expectations for all
students and afford opportunities for advanced
- All courses provide the foundations for successful study
at the collegiate level.